Thursday, March 1, 2012

Jesus passed my way

So i went to church last night with my mother, and was so touched at the priest's sermon.He read from Mark chp 5 , about the woman with the hemorrhage, and how she had been suffering for 12 years, that her whole being and reality was that she was ill, not normal like the rest, set apart, she was suffering emotionally and maybe even tried to put on a front so as to go through life each day....Then he turned to the crowd and asked how many of us were like the woman with the hemorrhage, and it hit me in that moment, that it was me! I was that woman, very much like the woman with the hemorrhage i had been suffering for years with an illness(infertility) that set me apart from the rest, I indeed put on a front- pretending i didn't want children-when in truth and in fact i yearned to be normal to be able to get pregnant.
That day, when Jesus was passing by the woman with the hemorrhage being so desperate to be healed found herself in nthe crowd and knew that if she only touched Jesus's hem she would be healed, when Jesus asked who had touched him the woman came forward and he said to her by your faith you have been healed.
   I remember one time i came upon a board of infertile women who were using their faith and prayers to get pregnant, i scoffed at them , thinking , divine intervention and faith isnt going to miraculously reverse infertility.
Anyway, I became more like the woman, in that, i got to a point where i was desperate, i felt there was no way out, and i turned to Jesus, in prayer i begged him to heal me, to relieve me of this problem, for years i cried myself to sleep while begging for some divine intervention.
After years and years of an unanswered prayer, i decided to turn again to the medical field for some sorta help. Had and HSG done which concluded that i had bilateral tubal occlusion, i felt so distraught, like i was being punished for some wrond that i had done.
However, as i found out about ivf and planned when i was going to have the procedure i never gave up praying and asking God to help me.
Then low and behold on Jan 4th 2012 after madam af hadnt shown up for the christmas holiday, i got my positive pregnancy test.
  I believe that like the woman with the hemorrhage, my faith has healed me, and I thank God for that.
So to my infertile counterparts out there, i say, have faith for one day Jesus will be passing your way and you might just touch his hem and be healed!

3 comments:

  1. I hope so...I'm praying and turning to medicine because I believe that God is the one who gave the doctors the knowledge to develop IVF and PGD. When I found out that DH and I are both carriers for spinal muscular atrophy, it gave me an answer as to why God would make us infertile (unexplained) and strengthened my belief in God giving the doctors the knowledge so that we could have a baby that doesn't have SMA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't express how much I needed to hear this today! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @kechara its so true , he works in mysterious ways....@emlovesjames you're welcome

      Delete